Monday, May 5, 2014

Homeschooling

New Homeschool Mom
  
I can't believe it's been almost a year since I last posted. I apologize, I need to get better at this!  

My husband and I decided to start homeschooling our boys. I've been a homeschool mom for a little over a month now. It definitely wasn't a decision that could be made over night. It took a lot of prayer and trusting God. 
I was one of those that said "I could NEVER homeschool my kids"! But the more we prayed and talked about it, the more I was drawn to it.  
I was constantly wondering what about this and what about that. I seriously over thought the entire thing. I know I couldn't have done it without the help of some amazing homeschool moms/friends. They have been so helpful, pointing me in the right direction with my 9,000 questions.

It's not easy but I can say it's a lot easier than I expected. Sure, it gets stressful at times because I'm busier than I already was during the day. Not only do I have to cook and clean but now I'm teacher and mom all at the same time. I've realized that some days will be chaos; the boys will fight, my house won't always be clean and supper won't always be cooked on time. One of the boys may have a hard time with a school subject, but I'm smart, I'll figure it out. I know that I don't have to know it all right away because it's a day by day learning process. 


My goal is to raise our children to be good Christian leaders and help them excel every year academically. 





No comments:

Post a Comment