Thursday, February 5, 2015

Prayer & Bible Study Journal

I have been wanting to start a prayer journal for the longest time and have continued to put it off. So I decided it was time for me to start my journal.

I have never been good at journal writing. Even though it's my own personal thoughts, I have always feared of others reading it and worried about what they would think. (I really shouldn't care...I know)

I will write in a journal for a few days and then stop and then start back a few months later and then the pattern repeats over and over again! THAT'S WHAT SCARES ME MOST ABOUT THIS!!! This prayer journal is so much more than just my thoughts. I want this to help improve my prayer life. I want to be able to write things out that sometimes I can't seem to get out of my mouth!
But I know God knows my heart and my prayers no matter if I say them out loud or write them in my journal.

I have also been wanting to do a bible study journal. But since I'm not good at the whole journal writing thing, I decided to put them all in one. I didn't want to stretch myself too much to where I stopped doing one or the other because it got overwhelming.

So here is what my journal looks like....
I used a notebook and added a little bit of color to it.

I decided to put BROKENNESS, BURDENS, & BLESSINGS on it because I thought it would be a good way to look back at everything and see how God worked in my life (and my family and friends lives). Also to look back at all the wonderful blessings He pours down on me and my family everyday!
                      And I want to remind myself to be Grateful everyday!!!!
Say a prayer for me as I start my prayer & bible study journal. I really really really want to do this! I want to make sure that I set aside the "time" for it.  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment