Thursday, June 13, 2013

Lifestyle Change

Our Journey Begins

Since this is my first "official blog" I should tell you that I won't be getting the "World's Best Blogger Award." This is something new for me but something I'm excited about doing.

We have done diets before and failed miserably, crashed and burned, etc., etc., etc. I started making some small changes a couple of weeks ago such as watching my portion sizes and doing light workouts and then we went on our cruise...and we all know how that goes! They feed you really good!!





Dusty and I have come to that point in our lives were it's time for A REAL CHANGE! A permanent change. No more diets but a Lifestyle Change!


Our reason for this journey is to get ourselves in an overall better health status. It's no fun feeling tired and sluggish all the time, bloated, and going to the Dr. for them to only tell you something you already knew..."you have HIGH cholesterol. " Sure we both have our own goals that we are so eagerly after but we want to be healthy not only for ourselves but for our children. We want to set an example for them. 

Dusty has "Operation 34" in his sites and isn't stopping till he gets there. For those of you who haven't seen his video's on facebook, "Operation 34" means simply this..
"1. I want to strengthen my faith.
2. I want to be a better husband.
3. I want to be a better father.
4. I want to start CONQUERING my health.
5. I want to be a better Man!"
and last but not least to get into a size 34 pants. 
Please feel free to friend him on facebook and follow his post and video's. I know he will appreciate the support from all of you.

As for myself, I am trying to...
1. become stronger in my walk with Christ
2. be a better Godly wife and mother
3. distance negativity
4.have a new thought process, positive thoughts only (which goes along with #3)
5. lose 10-15lbs
6. gain some lean muscle
7. get confident in my own skin
8. just to be overall healthy


Since we have made this lifestyle change this week I have noticed a few things.
I have more energy. Before I would get up get the kids ready for school and then go back to sleep. Now I don't even need an alarm clock. I'm awake by 7:00 and it's summer time, which means the kids are out of school so I don't have to be up that early. And all around I feel so much better! We have both cut out carbonated drinks and are back on water my friends! It's amazing what just a few changes can do for you! And WATER is a major key!! Water suppresses your appetite, keeps bloating and tiredness away, water keeps you from retaining water, helps the body from confusing hunger for thirst, and flushes toxins from your body.

We are 100% committed and holding ourselves accountable! Everyday we are one step closer to where we want to be and are catching each others back and motivating each other along the way.  Please follow us along and any encouragement you can give would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance!







No comments:

Post a Comment