Monday, June 17, 2013

Day 8

We Broke

Today started day 8 since our commitment to change our lifestyle. We weighed on day 1 and said we weren't going to weigh again until day 11. Dusty decided it was best to hide the scale from me (he usually has more willpower than I do when it comes to weighing). I'm one of those that likes to weigh EVERYDAY no matter if I've changed my eating habits or eating anything in site. What can I say, I get it honest. My mom does the same thing. 

We BOTH broke today and weighed a few days early. 

Dusty is DOWN 7lbs!!!! Not bad at all...that's a pound a day!! Way to go babe!!!
I am only down 2lbs! But losing a few is better than losing none at all! 

Dusty and I haven't been working out since we started. For those of you who don't know, he's having trouble with his L4 & L5 and doing therapy on his back 3 days a week. So we will start back working out in the coming days. 


The scale can be your worst enemy but it doesn't have to be. Don't avoid the scale all together either. It can hold you accountable!
Don't eat a big meal or drink lots of fluids and then go weigh.
Weigh at the same time (first thing in the morning is best).
Don't weigh everyday (you can get disappointed and discouraged)...your weight can fluctuate.
It takes time to see your body change.

ON A POSITIVE NOTE...
Just because the scale isn't moving as fast as you want it to doesn't mean your body isn't changing.

DON'T GIVE UP...KEEP GOING!!!!












No comments:

Post a Comment